Monday, November 1, 2010

The halloween post.

Hey everyone. It's the first day of November, which means many things. One, and maybe most importantly, its only 23 days until Thanksgiving break, when I get to go home and see Anna :D

Lesser accomplishments of this new month, though still important: it's only one more holiday until Christmas, which is always good, and it's the beginning of No Shave November, which gets more fun every year, for obvious reasons.

Usually I would get to say AND I have a whole bag of candy nowww!!!!, but this year I can't. It's the first year I didn't go trick or treating. (my little brother did. He's a senior in high school and he went as a mormon. funniest thing I heard yesterday.) I don't know how I feel about that fact. I mean, it's not like I wanted to, but it's still not easy to let go. I guess it's just the whole 'growing up sucks' story going through my head again. I don't want to admit to myself that I'm growing up, but at the same time, I know I'd rather be at a party or be watching a scary movie with some friends than going door to door getting mostly cheap, gross candy and just a little good stuff. Especially here in Waco. I don't even want to imagine what passes for consumable here.

So, instead of trick or treating, a small group of us watched a really bad scary movie in my room, called Satan's Little Helper or something like that...I think I'm already blocking it out...and it was seriously just awful. One of those scary movies that's an accidental comedy. I don't know how you make a movie like that, go watch the premier, and say, hey, we did pretty good! what an awesome movie!

After that awesome awfulness, we went to the basement of Kokernot (one of the dorms on campus), because it was way past visiting hours in my dorm (we were risking it for a good hour I think... but we wanted to finish that bad movie), and Kokernot basement doesn't have an end to their visiting hours, plus they have couches and a pretty decently sized tv. So at this point, its 11:30 or so, and we start watching The Orphan, a much better movie, but still mediocre in the big scheme of movies, as 'scary' movies always are.

I guess I don't get scary movies. Paranormal activity? Didn't phase me. I laughed through the whole thing. Any other ghost movie? Nothing. But I guess there's gotta be a realistic scary movie out there that isn't bad. Something that's directed well with good actors that could actually happen. Is that too much to ask for? Is it that people really would rather see some shit like Prom Night or Paranormal Activity 2? Whatever. Any suggestions?

So that was my Halloween. No trick or treating, no party, no drinks, no scaring little kids (unless you count Nour)... just a couple scary movies with some friends. And I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment