Tuesday, November 23, 2010

At the library


I've realized something. The library is a place of wonder and fun. Study desks are the new bathroom stall walls. I mean that in the cleanest way possible. Currently, I'm clearly sitting in Karaline's (or Kareline, or Karoline...I'm not too sure) desk here on the third floor. I don't think she'll mind. She's not here right now. But, honestly, "Karaline studies here" is definitely not the most interesting thing written around here. Many slurs about other frats that clearly suck and phone numbers for good times can be found here as well. So many initials and faces and bad words and pictures.

It's actually fairly deserted here in the library, relatively. It's usually packed around this time. It's only like, midnight. But then again, tomorrow is the last day before break. Lots - LOTS - of people went home early. Either their classes tomorrow got canceled (luckies) or they just said fuck it and went home anyway. Skipping the class before Thanksgiving break isn't going to kill their grade. I'd do it too, if I didn't have 10% of my philosophy class due tomorrow. I get to turn in an editorial and do a presentation over it to the class. It sounds a lot worse than it is, really. I wrote about enforcing a stronger dress code here. Easy to write about, but I fully disagree with nearly everything I wrote. The last thing I want is a stricter dress code. That sounds awful. But, I justified trading a good grade for hating myself for a bit. 

So I saw HP7 at midnight, but I want to see it one more time before I write a full blog post about it. It's been a few days and I feel unprepared to write about it properly. And it's been a long time since I've read the book. But initial reaction? I liked it SO much more than the last 5 movies. Favorite of them all, but the first one's still pretty awesome. I was pretty mad at 2 - 6, just because their respective books got so badly slaughtered by the poor cinematography. I just hope they got the 2nd half right too.

No comments:

Post a Comment