Thursday, April 7, 2011

baylor is dumb sometimes.

So Baylor signs up for classes by seniority and merit. If you're really smart - like, 3.7 cumulative GPA, you're considered as being on the 'dean's list', and essentially the only good part about that is that you sign up for classes a day earlier than the rest of your class. I brought in a ridiculous amount of credit, so I have enough hours to be considered a sophomore, and I'm on the deans list this semester.

So that means I sign up somewhere in the middle, above the normal sophomores, deans list freshmen, and regular freshmen. Well, a lot of good that does, when you're taking 5 junior level classes. I made the perfect schedule about 3 days ago. Not too early, not too late, a nice lunch break, plenty of time between class and band practice, all the good teachers... it was ideal. Now it's all blown to shit. The juniors just absolutely attacked the selection, and now I have to settle for the "8am class with sporadic breaks, eventually ending at 3:20, with just enough time to book it over to the practice field for band" schedule. If I'm lucky. The new schedule has some classes that only have one or two spots left. This is ridiculous. I thought I was getting a good deal by being on the fucking deans list. It doesn't do shit.

On a brighter note, after I get done with stupid registration, and then a test (complete with essays) at 8 in the freaking morning, and then a couple more classes, I get to go home with a puppy! And then go to convention! It's gonna be a blast. I really hope Berkley behaves himself in front of dad. I'll tell you guys about it in a few days. I don't think I'll have the time to write this weekend. Maybe if I get really bored tomorrow night.... I dunno. Don't expect anything.

I guess I get to go back to studying for a communications test now... sad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment