Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I stepped in dog shit.

The title of this doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the post. I just felt like sharing.

Although, now that I think of it, I'll expand on it just a bit. I'm sitting in a little cubicle in the library, "studying" for my final that's tomorrow in geology. It's really hard to concentrate when the smell of dog crap is drifting up from your right shoe.

I got it when I went to Common Grounds - the little coffee shop just off campus. I didn't realize I had stepped in it until now. How, I don't know, but yeah. I was there listening to my friend play at open mic night... they did a Christmas show. He wasn't very good. He's usually pretty okay, but then again, he's usually playing his own music, which fits his style a lot more.

He's... I dunno. Not really my friend. He's one of the other trumpets in marching band. We know each other. That's about it. Maybe we'll get a step closer to friends during the bowl game trip... we're rooming together. They asked me, which surprised me. I guess I get to replace the girl in their little circle of friends, since she obviously can't room with them.... go Baylor. So, I'm better than Hoss, the kid everyone talks bad about behind his back, so my guess is that they wanted to fill up their room as fast as possible before he asked, because then they'd have to say yes. Maybe I'm being a pessimist, but that's probably the thought going through their heads.

Anyway, I should go back to studying for real, instead of procrastinating with Blogspot and scraping dog shit off my shoe with my other shoe in between thoughts.

Good luck with finals everyone!

2 comments:

  1. http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/books/2010/10/11/101011crbo_books_surowiecki?currentPage=1

    ReplyDelete