Sunday, October 16, 2011

blah.

You know those nights where you just sit and hit refresh on facebook? I'm there right now. I have two tests to study for, and I'm looking for any excuse not to. But at the same time, I'm feeling too lazy to really do anything at all. I'm just... blah. Yep. That's the best word for how I feel right now. Blah. I'd sleep, but I'm not tired. I could clean my room. I could do laundry. I could take Berk on a walk. I could clean the freaking kitchen. I'm too lazy to do any of that right now though. So I blog.

Despite my reason for coming here, I have things to say still, I suppose. The bears lost this weekend to the farmers down in college station. It was a downright pitiful performance by our defense, and our offense was only mildly better. We should have won, but what are you gonna do? The trip overall was equally depressing. Kick off was 11 in the morning, and we decided to have practice before we left for hell, so we woke up for a 4:30 practice, with KPsi getting there around 3:45. In the morning. So that was fun. I didn't get a lot of sleep, especially since I was in full recovery mode all day Friday on the couch. It was 'fall break' this weekend. I put it in quotations because we only get one day off for the 'break'. It's more like fall pause. Or if you're a Baylor Bear and a fan of the excess of puns, you can always go for 'fall paws'. So anyway, we naturally had a party on Thursday night, and I spent all of Friday, after I woke up around 11, on the couch drifting in and out of sleep and watching tv. So by the time I needed to go to bed, which was ridiculously early anyway, I just couldn't. I got to sleep around 1, which was better than some, I guess, and ended up meaning about 2 hours of sleep.

I know I'm saying too much about it now, but remember that girl I really like? I got to watch her and her guy all day, from 4 in the morning until 6:30 ish that night. That just made it all so much more painful. It's one thing from a distance, and for short periods of time, but this a new level of torture.

Enough about that though, before I forget this is public and available to anyone on the planet. My back also didn't help the trip, since there was practice, which hurt, then a 2 hour bus ride, which hurt more, then standing for the game for about 6 hours, which was awful, then another 2 hour bus ride to top it off. I need 4 asprin just thinking about it.

Then there are all the little things. After the game, we got dinner, but it was 45 minutes late. Our bus watched a movie, but the band staff person brought mediocre movies. Just little stuff like that. Sorry for bitching the whole post so far, really. But I'm gonna do some more, because this is my place to rant.

KPsi is playing zombies again. If you forgot or are new to the blog or whatever, zombies is pretty simple. The moderator assigns an alpha zombie that no one knows, except for the two of them. The alpha zombie attacks players with a zombie weapon (nerf gun, water gun, plastic spoon labeled 'zombie weapon'.... whatever) that's labeled appropriately, and then that player becomes a zombie. Everyone is notified of the zombies after the alpha. Game is on at all times that aren't band or kpsi events. So, between classes, lunch, in your own bed... all fair times and places for zombie kills. It keeps you on edge, but it also means I have nearly no friends for awhile, since any of them could be the alpha zombie. I can't trust any of my closest friends right now or see them outside of band.

And to top it off, the game has been going on since Wednesday night, and alpha has yet to strike. That's 3 full days (Saturday doesn't count at all) to attack someone. I can understand planning out a good kill, but come on. Let's get going, so this pain can end faster. (I know it's not apparent from my bitching, but I LOVE this game. It's so much fun, once it really gets going)

I can't really think of anything else that I can say on here. I guess I should go study or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment