Sunday, May 1, 2011

oh weekends.

So I got back to Waco, went to formal, went to dinner, went to the afterparty, and now here I sit with a pretty bad headache getting ready to go do a concert band concert. Party.

Formal was as expected. Finger food, pretty dresses, guys that all look the same save the tie, and awards that weren't for me. Maybe someday. It was like any other banquet or formal; we just were cheap and skipped the meal part. Taylor and I went to Pei Wei afterward, and that was yummy and good. It was a bit of treat for her, actually, since she spend her food budget on other things and hasn't had a real meal all week. I gave her my leftovers; I have a meal plan.

Then there was the party. For the first time that I remember, I wasn't the drunkest there. I remember the whole night, too. I'm getting better at this self control thing, so that's a plus. I really don't have much to say about the party. It was fun, everyone had a good time... teh endz?

Today though, I have to go do a concert band concert. We really are so bad. It's like middle school band all over again. In fact, one of our pieces says at the top "Written for [whoever's] junior high school band. I can't remember the school, but the fact that it was actually written for middle school and we're playing it as a college band just made me laugh. It's really not that bad of a piece either - just really easy. And we still screw it up. No one practices at all. It's having every lazy high school student that kinda liked band and putting them into a we-don't-care, no audition college band. It's great, really, but we suck.

After that's over we have KPsi meeting, but that shouldn't take too long. I dunno what I'm gonna do tonight. I should probably start studying. My first exam is Thursday, and that's all fine and dandy, but I have three finals the next day, and they're all cumulative, naturally. So that's a party. We'll see how studying for those goes as the week progresses....I've got nothing better to do except study, so that hypothetically helps, but again.... we'll see.

So I hope you're all having an awesome weekend too, and are planning on an awesome week this next week... even if I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment