Friday, August 13, 2010

2 days to rebirth.

As I think I pointed out recently, I equate moving into my dorm and starting college with death and rebirth, because that's essentially what it is. So going along with that, I had three days to live at the beginning of today. I woke up on my own time, around 9 I think, and did something important that I can't say on here for fear of ruining the surprise. (I just smiled, imagining this person reading this and wondering if it was about her... she hates surprises.) As for the rest of day 3 of the countdown to death? I got some stuff for my dorm, finished up some stuff for my contacts and glasses (which, whether you could guess or not, are actually fairly important to have in college), came home, packed more, ate some ramen (because I'm not gonna get sick of that in college or anything... my dad's giving me the 40 pack I think), watched tv, ate more..... my plans for the night fell through, so I ended up driving around doing some other things I needed to, like returning a movie.

Speaking of movies, let me tell you about the 2 movies I recently rented on purpose. The first one was called "The Stuff". Let me give you a quick imdb plot summary.

Weird yummy goo erupts from the earth and is discovered by a couple of miners. They taste it and decide to market it because it tastes so good. The American public literally eats up the new dessert sensation now known as the Stuff but, unfortunately, it takes over the brains of those who eat it, turning them into zombie-like creatures. It is up to ex-FBI agent David Rutherford and a kid named Jason to stop the spread of the mind-devouring dessert.

Yeah. Just use your imaginations. It was that bad. You want more? Lookie here.


uh huh. That bad. It was possibly the worst horror movie I've ever seen. I laughed my ass off the whole time. If you want a really bad movie night, this is one of your better bets.

The second one is based on a joke. You know that movie, Super Size Me? Well, Doug Benson, a stand up comedian, watched it totally stoned, and started using it as material, saying, "wouldn't it be awesome to have a sequel, Super High Me? Just go like, 30 days, constantly stoned!" Well, a film maker listened to the joke and said, "hey, that could work!"

And thus, Super High Me was born. This guy gave the most in depth, weed experiment ever attempted, and remembered somehow to video tape it.

He took 30 days without smoking, doing all kinds of tests including a physical, an SAT, a psychic test, memory, sperm count... all kinds of stuff. During the non-smoking month, he did all kinds of interviews and visits to medicinal THC "dispensaries" in California. Oddly informational while at the same time, freaking hilarious. The second half was more just watching him try to spend 22 hours a day stoned. He moved a lot less, ate a lot more, and was funnier, both on purpose and not. The results at the end were fairly entertaining.... he wasnt sick of weed, for one. The physical at the end determined that spending the better part of a month stoned constantly does absolutely no damage. He lost a little lung capacity, but that's not permanent... his were still above normal, actually. He gained 12 pounds, but who didn't see that coming, seriously. And believe it or not, he still wasn't a psychic , but he did better on both that psychic test and his SAT (that he took brownie-in-hand). He bumped his composite from 900 and some to almost a 1300.

Anyway, sorry to spoil the ending for you. and sorry for going into a whole dissertation of the thing... i got distracted?

So yeah, those were my 2 "awesome" 2 for $1 movies at family video. If you ever want something horribly inappropriate, gory, bad, terribly awful, interesting but horrid, bad and gory, or most other combination of inappropriate, gore filled, and just plain awful movie, go to family video's 2 for $1 racks. Joyful movies like The Stuff, as well as Orgasmo and Donkey Punch. Please, don't look those up. I repeat: DO NOT LOOK THOSE UP IF YOU VALUE YOUR BRAIN. (if you plan on it anyway, I suggest wikipedia)

...
...
...

In the middle of this post somewhere, my brother came home and informed me he was planning on party crashing a girl's sleepover for band. Once invited, I joined in said party crashing, with fun things like water balloons and shaving cream balloons. Then we resorted to less creative things like jumping in the pool and splashing at the girls. Then we all made friends and stayed until 1 in the morning. A MUCH BETTER USE OF THOSE THREE DAYS. This was so much better than sitting at home typing to no one. Oh, by the way, I wanted to ask.. if you read these, comment or something so I know who I'm generally talking to... it's disheartening to write all these and get zip zero responses or comments or acknowledgment. I mean, just say hi or something. It doesn't need to be a 2 page essay on my writing selection in MLA format... just a "hey here I am" thing.

But yeah, a much better choice than driving around Coppell alone.

Ah, but now, I must confess, all my fun has left me drained, despite 2 or 3 Dr Peppers and a Rockstar. I must retire my friends, so, until next time...

2 comments:

  1. hey, i'm here! :)
    and enjoy your couple of days of living before you head off to school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you, sir, are depressing.

    this is my comment.

    ReplyDelete