Monday, December 19, 2011

All alone in Waco..

It's raining like crazy outside, and its annoying. I think this is God's way of punishing Texans that complain about severe droughts. I think I'd be pretty okay with it, if the rain didn't leak into my kitchen from under my back door. The best part is that I got to walk half a mile in it because of a basketball game.

School's out, so the band members that play at the basketball games get paid $50 a game as incentive to show up. And walk through a down pour. I'm scheduled for 4 games, so I'm making pretty good money just by chilling in Waco and watching basketball games (without having to buy a ticket). Plus, it works out as a great excuse not to go home. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents. It's just easier to love them from a distance.

On the flip side, now that everyone got around to leaving (if they aren't playing at the basketball games for cash), college got boring. No one is here, there's nothing to do. I filled up my Saturday by cleaning and taking care of laundry and dishes and stuff. God knows I could spend another 48 hours straight cleaning this hell hole of an apartment, but whatever. Luckily, tomorrow will be better. Tim and my brother (and anyone else they can get) are coming down to Waco late tomorrow and staying for a day and a half, then we're all booking it home for Christmas.

...but for now, its back to facebook, stumbleupon, netflix, and whatever else the internet has to offer. Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment